Wednesday 26 March 2014

20 beauty question


The post this Wednesday i wanted to do another beauty tag, so i found a 20 questions beauty tag, where i am going to answer them all for you.

1. Do you remember your first makeup item?
I think i started out like most people where you'd use some of your mums things that she didn't really want anymore, or trying on all those lipsticks and eye shadows. I have very bad memory of what even happened yesterday so to remember that far back is hard, but i think i recall a pink lip gloss that i first had and probably some very bright eye shadow of sort.

2. Describe your perfect mascara, have you found one that fits your specification?
I have used so many different mascaras in the past, but i would say i usually go for a more volume mascara with some curl effect, and it has to have a nice applicator so you do get a clumpy effect. At the moment i am using the max factor mega volume mascara and it is one of my favourites to date, and i would say fits my needs.

3. What kind of coverage do you prefer with foundation?
I like a medium coverage foundation, i don't want it to feel heavy and caked on my face but i do like a good coverage to help cover any blemishes.

4. Favourite high end brand?
I would have to say mac, I like a lot of their products and they have a large range with everything from the make-up to brushes too.

5. What brands have you always wanted to try but haven't yet?
This is mainly because i am still a student and do not earn enough to be able to afford this all the time, but i really want to try out urban decay, Nars and Bobbi brown.

6. Favourite drugstore brand?
I use a lot of drugstore brands, i would say my favourite is Rimmel at the moment, and i use a lot of their products from lipsticks, to the eyebrow pencil and also face products.

7.  Do you wear fake eyelashes?
 I have actually never tried any, but i definitely would if i had a special occasion, maybe i will try for my prom.

8. Is there any make-up you can't leave the house without?
I normally don't go out without makeup but if i had to wear a minimum i would stick to mascara and concealer. 

9. What is your most cherished beauty product?
Definitely my mac eyeshadow palette, it is not complete at the moment but i am working on it and i just love it and how you can personalise it to the colours i want.


10. How often do you pick up makeup?
Some months i will just pick up things and there when i want to add something new to a collection. But recently i have been on a no makeup shopping ban so there are definitely a lot of new things i will be getting all at once to try out.

11. Do you have a beauty budget, or you spend freely?
I spend freely in the sense that i don't really have a budget as long as I'm left with some money by the end of the month, however i am good with limiting myself and no when to stop. The last couple months i have been on a ban to save money.

12. Do you utilise vouchers, cards and sales when shopping for cosmetics?
I do, anything to save money is great, i always look for the 3 for 2 offers that a lot of drug stores have, i when boots give you different vouchers for items. And i always use my student discount when i can in some shops.

13. What type of product do you buy most of?
Lip products, whether that's lipstick, lip balm, lip gloss there are always so many colours i just think you can never have too many.



14. Do you like trying new skin care products or stick to the same routine?
I am always trying new things when others have ran out. I think my moisturiser is one i will keep for a while now as i am really liking it at the moment, but as for makeup remover and facial washes they are always changing.

15. Favourite bath and body brand?
At the moment it is lush, everything just smells amazing and feels great after i have used it. But it is always changing on what i use.

16. If you could only buy from one brand, which would it be?
Of course mac, They just have a great variety of everything and i know i wouldn't be let down with anything.

17. Favourite beauty gurus?
Tanya burr, Zoella, missglamorazzi

18. Are you clumsy in putting makeup on?
 I don't think i am, I suppose a lot of people would be if you're in a rush but that's to be expected, if I've got the time, i don't think i am.

19. How many hair products do you use on a typical day?
Normally i would just use shampoo conditioner and then a little hairspray, but if i was using a lot of heat products for example curling my hair or straightening my hair properly then i will use a heat protect product as my hair is coloured.

20. What do you love about makeup?
I love how it can help with someones self confidence, people say oh you don't need it you're already pretty, which may be true but i feel makeup helps my confidence on how i look and give you that boost to be who you want to be. It also just can complete an outfit or look, it is so versatile and completely down to your imagination on what you want to do with it, whether it be subtle or extravagant. 


xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment