Friday 20 September 2013

Beautifully Matte And BabyLips

After stopping by a boots store when I had some time to spare, I ended up buying a couple of new make-up products. One of those is the No7 beautifully matte foundation, and the second is, of course the Maybelline baby lips lip balm, if I'm honest I did not know about these and their big hype till a little while ago, but yes I joined the band wagon and bought a couple as I just couldn't resist. So for today I thought id review both products.


My first product is the No7 beautifully matte foundation, I really like this product and is one of the best foundations I have used. It is very matte but I suppose you should expect that really, this was something that I was really looking for as I have oily skin and this helps a lot. The packing says it will keep your skin shine free for up to 14 hours, personally I don't think that is true at all, but it does last me for a whole school day which in total is about a good 9 hours, I will always carry powder with me anyway to touch up if I do start to shine. It has a medium to full coverage so I don't tend to put a lot on, I use about 2 pumps for my whole face and a little down my neck to blend in.

I got this in the colour Deeply ivory which was colour matched to my skin in the shop, I do have a tan at the moment so it maybe a little too dark in the future but is greatly matched for now, I was told to mix with a little moisturiser if it needed lightening later on. I think this product blends fairly well, however due to how matte it is, it can feel a little heavy on the skin so I may not wear this on an everyday basis but for evenings out and special occasions it is great

So overall I do really like this product and would definitely recommend it, and at only £13 it is something most people can afford without breaking the bank or can easily save up for quickly.



My second product is the Maybelline Baby lips lip balm, which I mentioned earlier I joined the band wagon of everyone else and just couldn't resist buying two. Overall they're just basic lip balms and keep your lips from cracking, yes you can get the same quality for a cheaper price, but personally I just think they look cute with a great packaging and they have a very great scent. I got one with more pigment which is Cherry me and a plane moisturising one to see the difference, in the quality of product there really is no difference, but if you want something with a little colour I would definitely chose Cherry me as it does leave a tint of  pink stain on your lips and looks great for everyday, or can even try another pigmented colour.

Have you tried any of these products and how would you rate them? Would love to hear others opinions. xxx






No comments:

Post a Comment